Monday, April 25, 2011

poetry snapshots: helen cadbury




From the Norse



Stones and sand
tipped in to my mouth
when I first spoke
your language.
How I gave myself away
as the wind blew
my vowels into
a new shape.






Published in Matter 9: http://www.makingwritingmatter.co.uk/


Helen Cadbury writes poetry and plays. If she can sit down for long enough, she writes stories and novels.  Some poems have been published, three plays have been performed, one short story has been broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and the novels take up space on her hard drive. She lives in York.

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent poem, short and concise, I like the bio too!

my delayed reactions said...

I agree, but I think Helen is being very modest!

York Literature Festival HUB 2018 event, Tuesday, 20th March

I'm looking forward to my first event for absolutely ages - at the York Literature Festival HUB. Many thanks to YLF and Valley...